Skip To Content
Back to News List

ESL Federal Credit Union Named to List of Best Workplaces in New York State for 2022

This marks the fifth time that ESL has been named to the prestigious list.

Rochester, NY — ESL Federal Credit Union is pleased to announce that for the fifth time, Great Place to Work® and Fortune magazine named the locally-owned financial institution one of 2022’s Best Workplaces in New York State.

ESL ranked #10 on the list of 65 small and medium-sized companies. The financial institution is included among several other respected New York-based large, medium, and small employers, including Wegmans, LaBella Associates, and First American Equipment Finance.

“We are honored to have once again been named as a Best Workplace in New York State,” said President and CEO Faheem Masood. “In order to live our Purpose to help our community thrive and prosper, we must provide ESL employees with the tools they need to thrive in the workplace. We are continuously evaluating our company culture to ensure we are listening to our employees as they share their feedback and adapting to the changing work environment.”

To determine the Best Workplaces in New York, Great Place to Work® has surveyed more than 78,000 employees from companies with locations in New York State and the New York City metropolitan area. Great Place to Work® provided more than 60 questions for employees; 85 percent of the evaluation is based on team members’ experience on the job including what employees say about their experiences of trust and reaching their full potential as part of their organization, no matter who they are or what they do. The remaining 15 percent is based on an assessment of all employees’ daily experiences of innovation, the company’s values, and the effectiveness of their leaders.

ESL exceeded benchmarks for comparably sized organizations striving to create a great workplace. The complete list can be viewed at

About ESL Federal Credit Union

With more than 100 years of locally owned history, ESL Federal Credit Union serves as a full-service financial institution to more than 391,000 members and 14,000 businesses. Founded in 1920, the company provides personal banking, business banking, mortgage services and wealth management services through its locally based 23-branch network; telephone, mobile and online banking; and live chat center.

The Rochester-based financial institution employs approximately 920 people in the Greater Rochester area and holds more than $9.2 billion in assets. Since 1996, ESL has paid out 27 consecutive Owners’ Dividends to its members, totaling more than $240 million. Since the creation of its Community Impact initiative in 2018, ESL has reinvested more than $70 million in grants throughout the community. The company has appeared on the Great Place to Work® Best Small & Medium Workplaces list for 11 years, since 2010. ESL Federal Credit Union is headquartered at 225 Chestnut Street, in Rochester and can be found online at

Connect with ESL on Twitter (@ESLFCU) and

For more information, contact:

Patricia Cruz-Irving
Corporate Communications