Some Fascinating Facts about ESL
- We have approximately 330,000 members worldwide.
- We employ more than 700 people in our home in the Greater Rochester area.
- We provide service to our members through 20 branch locations, more than 40 ATM locations, our locally based telephone banking, and chat, mobile, and online banking.
- We don’t have any shareholders. Instead, our focus is exclusively on our members.
- We’ve won the Democrat & Chronicle Rochester’s Choice Award in the Bank/Trust Company category every year since 2002.
- We also made the nationally recognized Great Place to Work® Best Small & Medium Workplaces list six times in the last seven years (2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2011, and 2010). In 2015 we came in at number three on the list (for organizations with 251-999 employees).
We’ve grown steadily over the years to become the largest, locally led financial services organization in the Greater Rochester area. This quick financial snapshot shows our financial strength.
ESL Federal Credit Union Statement of Financial Condition
As of December 31, 2016. Unaudited.
(Dollars in Millions)
Our Leadership and Management
As a federal credit union, we’re regulated by the National Credit Union Administration (NCUA), the independent federal agency that regulates, charters, and supervises federal credit unions.
Backed by the full faith and credit of the U.S. government, the NCUA operates and manages the National Credit Union Share Insurance Fund (NCUSIF) which insures the deposits of more than 95 million account holders in all federal credit unions and the overwhelming majority of state-charted credit unions. For more information, visit www.ncua.gov.
Our Mission and Common Purpose
At ESL, our mission is to provide consistently reliable financial solutions for people and businesses connected to the Rochester area and surrounding communities. We operate in a manner that creates value for customers, employees, the community, and our business partners.
Our Common Purpose is to deliver a superior experience to all customers, both internal and external.
For more information:
We look forward to telling you more about ESL, the local financial services leader that answers to you.