If getting a text is easiest for you or you don’t have a smartphone, then text banking is the way to go.
Here’s How to Get Started:
- Use online banking to enroll in text banking.
- Click Manage mobile alerts link above the list of your ESL share accounts.
- Select the account you want to use for text banking. This will be your primary account for balance and transaction information. Most members choose their ESL checking account as their primary account.
- Select a secondary account that you can use to transfer funds into your primary account.
- Select the account alerts you’d like to receive: Options include balance alerts, deposit alerts, and withdrawal alerts.
- Don’t forget to choose the minimum amount threshold for your alerts. When your account balance reaches the threshold, you’ll automatically be notified. That will help you manage your account balances and avoid overdrafts.
A Quick Look at the Commands for ESL Text Banking:
Once you’re enrolled and ready to use text banking, send your messages to 454545. Please remember that standard text message charges apply.
To receive balance information, text the following commands:
- BAL for your primary account balance
- BAL ALL for all of your account balances
- BAL CHK for your checking account balance
- BAL SAV for your savings account balance
Here are some other commands you may want to use with ESL Text Banking:
- LAST for the last five transactions on your primary account
- TRAN to transfer funds from your secondary “transfer source” account to your primary account
- HELP for a list of Text Banking command codes
- STOP to cancel your Text Banking service
Watch the text banking demo to see it in action.