At ESL, you can pay your bills without skipping a beat. The easier, the better, so we list your options and tips here:
Use our Automatic Payments Change Form to alert payees of your account change and to cancel each payment connected to your old account.
You’ll need to provide the ESL ABA Routing Number: 222371863 and your new checking account number (at the bottom of your checks to the right of the ABA Routing Number, on your account statement, or in your checking account details through online banking).
To switch debit card payments:
- Activate your ESL Visa® Check Card at an ESL ATM or by calling the number on the back of your card. If you didn’t register for an ESL Visa Check Card when you opened your account, request one today.
- Contact your payees to cancel payments made from your old card and set-up payments for your new card. Be sure you have your card handy to give them your card number, expiration date, and security code.
To set up Online Bill Pay:
- When you open your new account, you may request to sign up for the ultimate convenience, Online Banking. Once you’re signed up, simply sign in to online banking, click Bill Pay and complete the registration form. You'll be ready to start paying bills within three business days from the time of your registration.
- If you set up recurring payments from your old bill pay service, be sure to cancel those payments and set up new ones.
- Set up your payees online. You will need your payee account number and address information:
- Online: Sign in to online banking and click Bill Pay. Enter your payee in the Need to pay someone new? field. Follow the instructions to enter the payee information.
- Mobile Apps (iPhones®1 only): Sign in to mobile banking and select Pay Bills. Select Make a New Payment. Enter your payee in the Need to pay someone new? field. Follow the instructions to enter the payee information.